04 November 2011

The Social Sacrifice blog takeover...

Today our blog is being handed over to the fabulous winner of our Social Sacrifice competition, Lori, to take us through her weekend of Illamasqua indulgence...

As soon as I heard Illamasqua were running the "Social Sacrifice" competition via Facebook, I jumped (physically, in the air, rather high) at the chance to enter.

I've never really won anything else before so imagine my surprise when the congratulatory email from Illamasqua pinged into my inbox. I was elated and at first couldn't believe it, until the train tickets enclosed in a sleek black Illamasqua envelope popped through my letter box.. Thats when the excitement began. 




I was able to bring my friend Natalie with me to share the experience and as soon as we set foot on the first class train from Glasgow Central to London Euston, we knew it would soon become a weekend we'd never forget.

A car picked us up from Euston station to transport us to the gorgeously luxurious Sanctum Soho Hotel which was to be our base for the following two days. From the dapper, top hatted concierge to the crystal encrusted door handles the boutique hotel oozed edgy, rock 'n' roll glamour.
A quick change and freshen up for the evening and it was off around the corner and down the cobbled road to the Illamasqua Beak Street Flagship store for our Night Time Diva Make-up Class with Key Artist Daniel. 



 Daniel discussed with us our make-up preferences, Natalie's being understated glamour and with mine wild brights we got to work on creating the evenings looks. Our faces were made up step by step with Daniel doing one half and us trying to recreate on the other. We were so pleased with the finished looks and afterwards we were suitably glam for the evening...



Our photographer for the week, Elliott Morgan, was there to capture the looks we created and also follow us around immortalizing our fun filled, action packed weekend on film.

We then met up with the lovely Fiona from Press Office and Ross and Charlotte from the Illamasqua art team and headed off to Bob Bob Ricards, a delectable Russian/English fusion brasserie where we savoured an indulgent meal and delicious cocktails topped off with some lovely make-up related chat.




We returned to our beautiful hotel later that evening to get a good night sleep for the next busy day on our itinerary.

Saturday morning we awoke to a lovely English breakfast in the hotels restaurant before being whisked away to Inanch Salon for a pampering session. I was greeted by Ivan who would be my hair dresser for the day and Silvia who would be taking care of my nails.


I had a lovely hair treatment in Inanche's treatment room which was incredibly relaxing, then onto a cut and blow dry which left my hair sleek and soft. A funky green manicure was all that was needed and I was ready to start the day feeling like a rock star.

Natalie and I then enjoyed a light lunch (and cocktails) at trendy, diner style, Automat, before heading back to Beak Street for my beauty photoshoot. I was a little apprehensive about the photoshoot however Elliot the photographer was lovely and and made me feel very comfortable.





I had three looks for the shoot, created by the amazing Clare Lille, the first being a more "Toxic Nature" inspired, followed by a dark "Theatre of the Nameless" style and finally a make-up to match my witch costume for the evening......and what an evening was to follow...

The launch party for Illamasqua's first fragrance, "Freak" was held in association with The Last Tuesday Society at Adam Street Private Members Club. The rather average black door of the club opens up to reveal an intriguing staircase, dwindling down to the mysterious Georgian tunnels underground.



We arrived early so were able to see each room in all its eccentric glory, the tables were lavishly adorned with a mishmash of cauliflower and feathers and the music channeled 19th century Paris. The heady, sensual scent of "Freak" wafted through the air and the signature "Freak of the Night" cocktail was the perfect start to the evening providing just enough absinthe to get us in the mood for a good time.




The venue began to fill with anonymous waltzers, their faces obscured by ornate masquerade masks all eager to unleash their alter ego's for the evening. We had the pleasure of meeting most of Illamasqua's Art Team as well as a selection of other fabulous creatures.  I could easily have stayed and danced forever.

After the party ended and we received our completely mind blowing gift bags it was back to our hotel to catch a few winks before the final day of my Social Sacrifice experience.



Sunday, after a revitalising breakfast smoothie we headed off to Selfridges to meet up with stylist Larissa to help me on the "shopping spree" organised by Illamasqua, I chose some gorgeous pieces which I can't wait to wear somewhere special.
As well as the shopping spree, Illamasqua also organised for me to receive make-up which will be sent to me, I can't wait it will be like Christmas all over again.

Sadly, there was just time for a quick lunch before heading back to the hotel to check out and to start the journey back home. I arrived back in Glasgow on Sunday night exhausted but content reminiscing about the amazing time I had with Illamasqua. I can't thank everyone involved enough.

It all seems like a wonderful, "Freak" scented dream....

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing prize! Sounds like Lori and Natalie had a fabulous time getting pampered!
    Love Lori's green and gold eye makeup - gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Illamasqua I love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Adrienne :)The Art Team really did an awesome job xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounded and looked fantastic. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!