29 January 2010

New Years Beauty Resolutions

It's coming up to the end of January and I thought I would recap on my New Years resolutions and give you an update on how I'm doing!

1. Start Pilates - Had my first class yesterday, used muscles I never knew existed, now muscles I never knew existed ache...

2. Drink more water - Well I have upped my tea intake from 2 to 5 cups a day ... does that count?



3. Eat more seasonal foods - Accidentally bought some kiwis from South Africa the other day. Whoops. And my favourite place for lunch in Soho? Patisserie Valerie. Not a good start...

4. Start walking more - Not great when the likes of ASOS start bringing these beauties out...



5. Start expanding my colour palette from black and black and yet more black ... - Again, ASOS has got me hooked. Is it just me or are they bringing in a whole host of fabulous up-and-coming labels? This Beyond The Valley kimono jacket is just my cup of tea...


6. Spend less money on facials and more time on DIY skincare - I assessed the damage from facials last year and it was not a pretty sight. This time, for gleaming skin I am going to pick up some home facial packs, scented candles and put aside some me-time to chill. ASOS [again! Ah!] have got some fabulous bath and body brands such as the uber-luxe Elemis, eco-friendly Green & Spring and beautifully packaged and amusingly named products from Cowshed. If you haven't tried this brand yet, do it!! No excuses if you live in London as their fabulous shop/spa near Carnaby Street is just fabulous.


7. Expore alternative alter egos - Definite check against this one! Last weekend I was inspired by Cruella deVil with my silver Birthday Lashes, Eye Liner Cake in Mislead and plenty of Powder blusher in Intrigue to whiten up my face. This weekend it's IMATs and I am considering channeling Beyonce's look in her Kitty Kat video... we shall see!


ASOS THEO Suede Ruched Peep Toe Shoe Boot £40

Karen Millen Leopard Print Peep Toe Shoe Boot £150

Beyond The Valley Mountain View Silk Kimono £200 Cowshed Products from £8 Elemis products from £12 Green & Spring products from £10

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with all of your resoutions and need to do them myself! Hope we both succeed! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Resolutions sound a lot like mine...walking more is my top one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Actually you still need to drink water, as tea is a diuretic, so it will dehydrate you in the long run.
    Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Beyonce! That is a fierce look thanks for flagging!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!