22 August 2009

Swatches: Illuminators

I have had several requests of the past couple of weeks to do a swatch post for Illuminators, so here it is!

Illuminate your darker side with this intense colour that highlights and enhances wherever it’s applied. Goes on wet but dries quickly, leaving a high-shine reflective finish that lasts all night. Use it on cheeks, under brows, or on any other part of your body where you want to draw attention.

Fondle



I adore this colour; it's a bright peachy pink with gold flecks in it. Very pretty on most skin types and especially in sunny weather as the gold flecks reflect the light stunningly. What I like about this one the most is that you can sheer it down a lot so that the gold mixes with the pink to an almost unnoticable degree - great if you are wanting a subtle look with just a hint of sheer pink shimmer. However, if you want bold and sassy colour, it builds up incredibly well because it dries so quickly. It looks fab on eyes and lips as well for an unexpected sparkle.

Glimmer


Glimmer is half way between a gold and a bronze, in my view. I love to mix this with my Cream Foundation on the back of my hand before buffing in with the Highlighter Brush [which I have been using on a daily basis since February following Alex Box's advice, and it hasn't shed on me once...] if I have been using St Tropez [the new range is fragrance free, has anyone tried it? Magic!] and want a touch of colour on my face. It isn't glittery shimmer; it's very finely milled shimmer particles, which I much prefer myself.

Odyssey


Definitely the best Illuminator in terms of highlighting - this is a rich pearlescent white that seems to work well on all skin tones. Dab onto the centre of the eye lid to make the eye 'pop'or under the brow, down the centre of the nose, across the cheekbones, temples, cupids bow... you name it, it'll work beautifully there!

Halcyon


An ivory/ champagne coloured shimmer - almost like a liquid Pure Pigment 'Furore'. I love this slicked over eyes for a wet look, glossy eye. Like 'Furore' it picks up light beautifully and is universally flattering. [second from right]

Poised


This baby pink looks lovely pressed into the apples of cheeks or on lips for a cute splash of colour. I personally like to use it on the eye lids and then blend Powder Eye Shadow in 'Fatal' into the outer corner of the eye and along the socket for texture contrast.


* Thanks to Kraseybeauty for swatches*

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure on Halcyon but that swatch said I have to get it.
    Fondle looks so pretty too I might get that one to use as a shimmery blush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches! I love the look of Poised, Halcyon and Odyssey ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely gorgeous, fondle looks amazing, can't wait to get my hands on it! Looks like it would double great as a blush!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!