11 February 2011

A profile of Rosa Sibaja, Illamasqua's PR and Press Manager

Over the next coming weeks we want to invite you in and introduce you to the people behind Illamasqua !  We will be sharing the profiles of our team with you to reveal an insight into our thoughts and aspirations...starting with Illamasqua's PR and Press Manager, Rosa Sibaja.



Rosa with Boy George


What does beauty mean to you?
Beauty is a reflection of your inner self. A person who is easy on the eye but of an unpleasant character can start to appear more unattractive and vice versa if a person who is aesthetically challenged is lovely and warm natured they can start to appear to be more attractive.

Why did you want to pursue a career in beauty PR?
I wouldn’t say I pursued a career in beauty as such it kind of found me. I have always been creative for as long as I can remember, going through art school and studying Graphic Design at University. After university I started off doing work experience in PR after my head of department at University mentioned this was something he thought I should pursue, working both in house and agency, doing my own networking until I was finally offered a full time job and have not looked back since!

How did you get your job at Illamasqua?
I was head hunted by Joe Corre our Joint MD who I used to work with at Agent Provocateur

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Surrounding yourself with friends, family and loved ones

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Frida Khalo, a strong inspirational woman

If we were to take you to Starbucks right now what would you order?
Extra hot Grande Skinny Latte just how I like my men!




Which living person do you most admire?
My Mother and Dolly Parton for two very different reasons

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Insincerity

What are your political views?
I am not a political person as such but I do believe in fairness and am angered by the imbalance in the world today. I think that the work Che Guevara did during his lifetime was revolutionary and his impact is still felt today, his memory lives on.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Exotic holidays and my East London flat

Which talent would you most like to have?
Mind reading – it would work wonders in both work and play!

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
A guardian angel to watch over the family I left behind

What is your most treasured possession?
Memories and photographs

Who are your heroes in real life?
Hero is a strong word and one I feel whose meaning seems to be diluted

What is your motto?
Work hard play hard and never forget who you are

4 comments:

  1. What a great interview!
    How lucky she is for working at Illamasqua (*___*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was brilliant. What a lovely girl. I love the anwsers and my favourite is, coming back as a Guardian Angel, I think Rosa comes across as lovely and warm, great for teenagers to identify with . Frida Khalo is an inspiration for my daughter too! I must admit I learnt a lot about Frida helping my daughter with her Art homework, but that's another story! Tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosa!, a great interview. Rosa is a $1,000,000.00 woman.

    SS

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!