28 July 2011

Live Q&A with Spob - Head of Professional Development


If you haven't already checked out the making behind our latest film called 'Born Again' starring Vicky McClure; take a look now!


BAFTA winning actress Vicky McClure joined us at our Headquarters on Tuesday, along with Illamasqua’s founder Julian Kynaston and Head of Professional Development, Spob. A live Q&A took place answering your questions, and we received some very insightful answers. Following Julian's responses we posted up on Tuesday, here are Spob's answers to the questions you put forward, enjoy!


How can I intern with someone like yourself? (I am a Make-up Artist as well)

I don’t really call it interning, instead I currently have a fantastic group of graduates who I call trainees that come out on shoots with me. I go to Graduate shows all across the country and this is where I discover my trainees. I love going to these shows every year to see the amazing new talent and huge diversity in their work.
Also, you never know who you are going to meet in the weirdest of places, networking everywhere is so important.
At the moment Illamasqua we have the Distinction in Make-up Artistry Awards. This is an amazing competition with incredible opportunities that anyone looking to break into the industry should certainly be entering into. Click here for more information.

Clare Jones: Inception is one of my favourite films ever. What was it like working in such a variety of locations and climates and how do you adapt the hair and make-up for that?

It was just amazing, to date it is one of the most exciting films I have ever worked on. Well, like I say to everybody you just learn to adapt, although one thing that really helped me was the high pigmentation levels with Illamasqua products - they were amazing in so many intense situations and locations.
It is always a challenge and that is what I love the most, put me on the edge of a cliff and see what happens!

As an aspiring make-up artist my dream is to work on blockbuster films. What is the best way of getting your foot in the door?

Be a trainee, work your way up and enter Illamasqua’s Distinction of Make-up Artistry Awards!




 

2 comments:

  1. I passed a college course last year, and currently havent been able to get any experience working in make-up since. Can I still enter (I was confused as to sign up you needed references/letters from colleges, but don't have any!) Would love to get out of office admin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni,

    Great to hear you would like to enter the Distiction In Make Up Artistry Awards. Would it be possible for you to email me your details and I can send you the link etc.

    ross.andrewartha@illamasqua.com

    Thanks

    Ross

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you!